Camera and Imaging Software
Download software for your current or legacy QImaging FireWire or USB 2.0 Camera. Refer to the Software Compatibility Matrix for the most current list of third party supported software.
Camera Software Downloads
QImaging Windows 8® Support Statement
QImaging cameras using the latest QCam or PVCAM drivers are now officially supported on Windows 8 Operating Systems. Please note however that in order to use the cameras on Windows 8, the software application must also be compatible. Many applications including QCapture Pro 7 are not yet supported on Windows 8. Please refer to your software vendor to determine if your application is functional on Windows 8.
QCam Installer for Windows
QCam 126.96.36.199 Installer
Installs QCam driver and image acquisition software for Windows XP and 7
- QCam Driver 188.8.131.52
- QCapture Suite 2.9.13
- QCam SDK
- Rolera EMC2, Rolera Bolt, Rolera XR
- EXi Blue, Retiga™ 2000R/4000R, Retiga™ 2000DC/4000DC
- QICam, QIClick
- MicroPublisher 3.3, MicroPublisher 5.0
- National Instruments: LabView support available with QCam 2.0.8
PVCAM 184.108.40.206 Installer for Windows
Installs PVCAM driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8
PVCAM 220.127.116.11 Highlights:
- Adds Official Windows 8 support
- Required driver for optiMOS high speed ROI and digital binning support
- Other robustness improvements
QCam Installer for Mac
Legacy QCam Mac driver and QCapture Suite PLUS software supports some QImaging cameras on Mac 10.6 and 10.7 operating systems. QCapture Suite PLUS includes several additional features to the standard QCapture Suite Windows application including stream acquisitions, time-lapse acquisitions, scale bars and flat-fielding. Please note that this is the final Mac driver and software download that will be available from QImaging, and only Windows based operating systems will be supported in the future. Please refer to the Mac support statement below for more information.
- QCam Mac Driver 2.0.10
- QCapture Suite PLUS 18.104.22.168
- Rolera™ EM-C2
- EXi™ Blue, Retiga™ 2000R/4000R, Retiga™ 2000DC/4000DC
- QIClick™, QICam
- MicroPublisher 3.3, MicroPublisher 5.0
Supported Computers/Operating Systems:
- Mac Pro, iMac
- Mac OSx 10.6, Mac OSx 10.7
QCapture Pro 7 - FREE 30 Day Trial
Available with a free 30 day trial, QCapture Pro 7 is optimized for Image acquisition, and offers quick access tools and guides to make digital imaging simple, quick, and productive.
Note: Please uninstall any older version of QCapture Pro 7 before installing this version.
Supports Windows XP and Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit
Does not Support Windows 8
In recent updates, Microsoft released two hotfixes which updated their FireWire stack file. However, these updates cause performance drops in the functionality of Texas Instruments (TI) FireWire Controllers which ship with QImaging cameras. These performance drops manifest with the following symptoms:
- Image Tearing
- Interference Lines
- Black Images
- Reduced Frames-per-second
Installing the Thesycon 1394 stack fixes these problems by replacing the default Microsoft stack. This remedies any problems caused by the updates.
The Thesycon FireWire stack has been thoroughly tested and does not cause any other conflicts or problems with any devices.
Imaging Software Downloads
All QImaging cameras include the QCapture Suite Software, an easy to use image capture program that provides high performance preview and capture functionality. Expand your camera's capability by upgrading to QCapture Pro 7 software or facilitate easy integration with custom software with our Software Development Kit.
QCapture Suite Software
QCapture allows for computer control of all camera functions for preview, capture and save. QCapture offers advanced functions such as binning and region of interest (ROI) and a live histogram for optimizing dynamic range. The latest version of QCapture is available for download from the downloads section.
Windows QCapture Suite
- Operates with Windows® XP/Vista/7 32 and 64 bit
- Includes plug-in for Adobe Photoshop image enhancement software
- Includes TWAIN interface
- Includes plug-in for NIH ImageJ image processing program
- System Requirements
QCapture PRO 7 Software
QCapture Pro 7 provides state-of-the art imaging and analysis capability for acquiring, enhancing and analyzing images with simple to use live true color imaging and correction. It was designed for easy user interaction and offers quick access tools and guides to make digital imaging simple, quick and productive.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows® XP SP 3 and later (32-bit)
- Windows® Vista Business and Ultimate SP 2 and later (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 Professional and Ultimate (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows® 8 not supported
Newly Designed Features
- Intuitive icon-driven image acquisition workflow
- Customizable interface with tabbed ribbon and repositionable windows
- Manage image workflow with the Multiple Document Interface (MDI) and docking views
- Quick access toolbar and explanation guides for functions
- Multiple and inverted Regions of Interests (ROI)
- Calibration Wizard tool for quick spatial calibration
- Export data to Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enhanced Auto Contrast
- Snap and Save
- Dynamic auto-range and best fit
- Background correction
Software Developers Kit (SDK)
An SDK is available with concise API commands to facilitate easy integration with custom software for Windows® Based Systems. Access to QImaging's SDK is available at no charge with the purchase of a QImaging camera.
Legacy Software Downloads
Legacy software and drivers are available for your QImaging FireWire™ camera. Select the software that you need for a list of legacy versions. Then select the version that is appropriate for your operating system and click on the filename.