wLS LED Light Source
wLS LED Light Source for Easy Fluorescence Imaging
The wLS broad-band LED illumination unit is designed to provide a long-life alternative to traditional Mercury and Mercury Metal Halide fluorescence excitation sources. The broadband excitation covers common fluorophores, ranging from DAPI to Cy5, allowing existing filter cubes and protocols to remain in place. Unlike other broad-band LED solutions, the wLS provides rapid control over individual excitation LED wavebands (Ultraviolet, Blue and Green/Yellow/Red). This enables the use of multiband pass filters instead of individual filters, followed by slow mechanical filter changes during multi-label imaging.
LED excitation provides many advantages over traditional fluorescence light sources, most notably eliminating one source of toxic Mercury from the lab. It also lowers operating cost with its 25,000 hour LED lifetime, which consumes 80% less energy.
A control handset is included which provides instant on/off and intensity control in increments of 1% to 100%, over each individual Ultraviolet, Blue, and Green/Yellow/Red (GYR) excitation waveband. When used with a QImaging camera, the on/off control is easily accomplished with the cameras expose out signal and the wLS TTL input. The wLS further extends control to popular microscopy automation and analysis packages with its USB interface.
Upgrading an existing microscope is easy. The wLS supports a comprehensive range of microscope adapters that fit to current and older microscope systems. A 3mm liquid light guide option is available for hard to adapt or non-microscope systems.
- LED lifetime to 25,000 hours
- No dangerous Mercury lamps to change every 300 hours
- Excites common fluorescence labels in single and multiband sets
- No need to change filter sets
- Ready to go when you are
- Stable with minimum warm up and cool down
- No mechanical shutters to wear out
- No ND filters required
- Stable and repeatable
- Maximizes light coupled to specimen
- Produces optimal uniformity across FOV
- Minimal alignment
- Easily integrates into your experiment
- Easily share a light source between microscopes
- Illumination: White light or individual UV, Blue or GYR wavebands
- Intensity Control: 1% steps from 0 – 100%
- Attachment to Microscope: Direct Fit or Liquid Light Guide
- Triggering: TTL for on/off control of selected channels using a BNC connection; Switching time < 30 uS
- Software Control: USB control for Windows 7, supported in most high end imaging packages
- Power Requirements: 100-240V a.c. 50/60Hz, 2A
- Power Consumption: 2W (standby), 80W (full white intensity)
- Single and Multiband Wavelength Sets: Select UV wavelength to match your existing DAPI filters:
Singleband for DAPI excitation at 365 nm,
Multiband for DAPI excitation at 400 nm
|wLS-WHITE; LightGuide SINGLE BAND||wLS-LG-SB|
|wLS-WHITE; LightGuide MULTI BAND||wLS-LG-MB|
|wLS; SINGLE BAND; NIKON||wLS-SB-NIKON|
|wLS; SINGLE BAND; OLYMPUS||wLS-SB-OLYMPUS|
|wLS; SINGLE BAND; ZEISS||wLS-SB-ZEISS|
|wLS; SINGLE BAND; LEICA||wLS-SB-LEICA|
|wLS; MULTI BAND; NIKON||wLS-MB-NIKON|
|wLS; MULTI BAND; OLYMPUS||wLS-MB-OLYMPUS|
|wLS; MULTI BAND; ZEISS||wLS-MB-ZEISS|
|wLS; MULTI BAND; LEICA||wLS-MB-LEICA|
Contact a QImaging Consultant
Thank you for your interest in QImaging Products. Please complete the form below and the QImaging Consultant in your area will contact you shortly.
As a standard practice, the information you submit is used only in connection with your interest in QImaging products and is not shared with third parties.
We're sorry, your request could not be completed
Please limit your use of <href> links in your comments. Should you require sharing more links with us, please respond directly to your QImaging Consultant for further assistance
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Please fill the form completely and try again.
Thank you for your information request. A QImaging Consultant will respond to you shortly. Meanwhile, we invite you to learn more about QImaging and its products.