- Camera Software Downloads
- Legacy Software Downloads
- QImaging Camera Software
- Computer Recommendations
- Third Party Software
Download software for your current or legacy QImaging FireWire or USB Camera. Refer to our Third Party Software pages for the most current list of third party supported software.
Camera Software Downloads
PVCAM 184.108.40.206 Installer for Windows
Installs the PVCAM driver for Windows 7, 8 and 10
PVCAM 220.127.116.11 Highlights:
- Supports the New Iris family of sCMOS cameras.
- Includes PCIe device driver version 3.26.404 that improves the reliability of Prime-95B data transfers over sequences longer than 10,000 frames. Requires Prime-95B firmware 19.27 or newer.
- PVCamTest application now supports latest cameras and latest camera features.
- Fixed an acquisition timeout for cameras that support Variable Timed Mode on USB interface. (Retiga R-series).
- Improved RsConfig tool, no longer requires administrator rights.
- No new PVCAM SDK is required for use with the new PVCAM runtime.
NOTE: PVCAM SDK is no longer part of the PVCAM runtime package and is available for download as a separate package.
Ocular 2.0 Imaging Software for PVCAM Cameras
- Simple design and customization
- Easy Camera Control
- Numerous Movie Capture options
- User-oriented Explore and adjust
Notes: The PVCAM SDK is no longer part of the PVCAM runtime package and is available for download as a separate installer.
Please, check that your PVCAM and SDK package versions match in Programs and Features dialogue.
PVCAM for Mac
Moving forward, QImaging will focus driver development and support on the Windows platform only and have discontinued updates to PVCAM Drivers for Mac OSX. Existing PVCAM Drivers for Mac OSX will continue to be available for legacy products. Users are welcome to test this configuration for suitability on their systems. Please contact your sales representative or a QImaging service professional with questions or to provide feedback.
QCam Installer for Windows
QCam 18.104.22.168 Installer
Installs QCam driver and image acquisition software for Windows XP and 7. QCam is not compatible with Windows 10.
- QCam Driver 22.214.171.124
- QCapture Suite 2.9.13
- QCam SDK
- Rolera EMC2, Rolera Bolt, Rolera XR
- EXi Blue, Retiga™ 2000R/4000R, Retiga™ 2000DC/4000DC
- QICam, QIClick
- MicroPublisher 3.3, MicroPublisher 5.0
- National Instruments: LabView support available with QCam 2.0.8
The QCam SDK is included and installed with the latest QCam Driver package and is installed in the C:\Program Files\QImaging folder.
QCam Installer for Mac
Legacy QCam Mac driver and QCapture Suite PLUS software supports some QImaging cameras on Mac 10.6 and 10.7 operating systems. QCapture Suite PLUS includes several additional features to the standard QCapture Suite Windows application including stream acquisitions, time-lapse acquisitions, scale bars and flat-fielding. Please note that this is the final Mac driver and software download that will be available from QImaging, and only Windows based operating systems will be supported in the future. Please refer to the Mac support statement below for more information.
- QCam Mac Driver 2.0.10
- QCapture Suite PLUS 126.96.36.199
- Rolera™ EM-C2
- EXi™ Blue, Retiga™ 2000R/4000R, Retiga™ 2000DC/4000DC
- QIClick™, QICam
- MicroPublisher 3.3, MicroPublisher 5.0
Supported Computers/Operating Systems:
- Mac Pro, iMac
- Mac OSx 10.6, Mac OSx 10.7
In recent updates, Microsoft released two hotfixes which updated their FireWire stack file. However, these updates cause performance drops in the functionality of Texas Instruments (TI) FireWire Controllers which ship with QImaging cameras. These performance drops manifest with the following symptoms:
- Image Tearing
- Interference Lines
- Black Images
- Reduced Frames-per-second
Installing the Thesycon 1394 stack fixes these problems by replacing the default Microsoft stack. This remedies any problems caused by the updates.
The Thesycon FireWire stack has been thoroughly tested and does not cause any other conflicts or problems with any devices.
Legacy Software Downloads
Legacy software and drivers are available for your QImaging FireWire™ camera. Select the software that you need for a list of legacy versions. Then select the version that is appropriate for your operating system and click on the filename.